check_traffic plugin

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Tue Aug 31 20:15:13 CEST 2004

check_traffic uses snmp at its core.

Try the raw snmp commands on the host and troubleshoot that first:

snmpget -c <community> <host> .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0

This should give you the FQDN as returned by the remote host.

If not, then you have ACL's or some other network (ie routing/firewalling)
or host configuration (community string, host-firewall) issue preventing
access.

Once you have snmp working, check_traffic should work on that host as well.
Then it should be a simple matter of connecting it to nrpe to trigger
remotely via the nagios host.