schedule downtime for host AND it's services

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Aug 31 17:22:51 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> [...snip...]
>>> I'm currently using Nagios 2.0a1, I've ssen the feature to trigger a
>>> downtime for all children of a host, but not for all services of a
>>> host :-/ Am I blind or isn't it possible to trigger the downtime
>>> for the services?
>>>
>> I am not using 2.0a1 yet, but I think it works the same as in 1.2
>>
>> When you schedule downtime for a host, the services are also
>> supposed to be down, there is no need to schedule them
>> separately (makes sense, doesn't it? When a host is down, you
>> don't expect the services to still be
>> up...)
> That's what I thought, too. But when I schedule a downtime for a host,
> the service is still checked, and when you look at the extinfo for the
> service, there's no sign, that the service is in scheduled downtime.
> When I do a availibility report for the service, it messes up
> my stats,
> because the service never seems to be in a scheduled downtime.
>

> Regards,
> Philipp

You might want to read the docs on downtime again. As I understand them,
anything scheduled for downtime SHOULD continue to be checked. Downtime
only stops notifications.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)