monitor from multiple locations

Tom Schouteden tom.schouteden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 15:08:25 CEST 2004

Hi

I'd like to monitor my services and hosts from multiple locations in
the way most commercial monitoring providers do.  It should basically
work like this: Nagios1 checks HostA and receives a DOWN status, it
notifies Nagios2 and Nagios2 performs the same check on HostA.  If
Nagios2 also returns a DOWN status a notification is sent out, if not
the service is not considered down or a 3rd Nagios point is activated,
and so on.

I've read the distributed monitoring, failover and redundancy
documentations.  But non of them seem to provide this service.

Any suggestions are welcome ...

Thanks!

tom