Check_nt port numbers

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Aug 30 21:22:25 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Does anyone have the port number for check_NT so that I can get out
> of SP2's firewall hell?
>
> Thanks,
>
> john

Did you read the docs? I'm sure you can find information on the default
port in there.
Alternatively, can you filter the firewall logs on source/destination?
Perhaps you can see what port is being blocked, which would be useful if
you are using something other than the default.

I believe that the default port is 1248, although I have not verified
this, so I would definitely recommend reading the NSClient or check_nt
docs yourself.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)