Hosts where frequently turned off

Chrigi Hartmann chrigi.hartmann at gmx.net
Mon Aug 30 10:51:11 CEST 2004

Hi Everybody

First, I'm new in your Mailing List. My english isn't perfect cause I'm
from switzerland.
I've installed nagios on my server and it works great. But I have one
issue: I have some hosts which are frequently turned off. but I want,
that nagios always assume the host is up. The manual says, i can leave
the argument 'check_command' blank for that. this works but it
doesn't work, when this host has a parent host. the
problem is, I have some host's behind a other vpn-firewall and this
firewall is the parent for those hosts. when i leave the parent host
argument, then the host is always up but he's on the wrong place on my
status map. do you have some ideas, how I can set parents for some hosts
and that they are always up?

thx and greets from switzerland

chrigi hartmann