Patch - incorrect default for aggressive_host_checking

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Fri Aug 27 23:51:25 CEST 2004

The analysis below is correct.  We should either update the documentation
and configuration files to reflect this, or apply the following patch:

*** base/nagios.h.in_orig       Fri Aug 27 14:47:54 2004
--- base/nagios.h.in    Fri Aug 27 14:48:02 2004
***************
*** 80,86 ****
  #define DEFAULT_LOG_EXTERNAL_COMMANDS         1       /* log external commands */
  #define DEFAULT_LOG_PASSIVE_CHECKS            1       /* log passive service checks */

! #define DEFAULT_AGGRESSIVE_HOST_CHECKING      1       /* use "aggressive" host checking */
  #define DEFAULT_CHECK_EXTERNAL_COMMANDS               0       /* don't check for external commands */
  #define DEFAULT_CHECK_ORPHANED_SERVICES               0       /* don't check for orphaned services */
  #define DEFAULT_ENABLE_FLAP_DETECTION           0       /* don't enable flap detection */
  #define DEFAULT_LOG_EXTERNAL_COMMANDS         1       /* log external commands */
  #define DEFAULT_LOG_PASSIVE_CHECKS            1       /* log passive service checks */

! #define DEFAULT_AGGRESSIVE_HOST_CHECKING      0       /* use "aggressive" host checking */

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek