Visiual Info about cpu and mem usage

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri Aug 27 17:53:40 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Is it possible to graph the nrpe plug ins with one of these plug ins??

You should be able to do this with PerfParse. Since it relies upon the
standard plugins to get it's perfdata. However, you will need to be sure
that you have the latest version of the plugins, I recommend downloading
the CVS tarball to get the maximum number of plugins with perfdata
support. At the very least you'll need version 1.4.0alpha.

Since the plugins on your remote systems are called by NRPE, then any
perfdata returned by the plugins should be available to NRPE on the
Nagios host. Disclaimer: I have not yet tested this, but I'm assuming
that it will work. Perhaps I can find time to setup and test this over
the weekend. If you decide to try it out, please let me know the
outcome.

> Never used rrdtool so i really dont know what to do ...

If you use the PerfParse Add-On, rrdtool is not yet an option, although
it should be in the future. MySQL is the backend db of choice for this
app.