Control Perfdata

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri Aug 27 17:32:43 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way to control the clients which perfdate is sent
> by nagios??

That depends upon what you mean exactly. Can you provide more details
about what you want to accomplish?

If you want some plugins to provide perfdata and others not to, then
there are a few options, but they would require hacking the plugin code
before compile.

If you want the same plugin to provide perfdata for some service/host
checks and not others, this is probably going to be more difficult. Even
if it is easy to do, I wouldn't know how to go about it.

If you are using an add-on and only want to store perfdata from plugin X
for hosts/services Y & Z, but not hosts/services A & B, then it may be
possible, depending upon the add-on that you are using. I know that
PerfParse has this option.
However, this question would then be better directed at the mailing list
for your add-on.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)