Visiual Info about cpu and mem usage

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri Aug 27 16:42:20 CEST 2004

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Which is the best plugin to do these?
> I saw:
>
> APAN
> Nagiostat
> Nagiosgraph

Just to reduce confusion for new users, these are all Add-Ons, not
plugins. Add-Ons are optional packages that can be added to Nagios to
perform a variety of tasks.
However, Plugins are a necessary component of Nagios, without these you
cannot run checks against hosts/services.

> but i dont know which of these i should use...

You should probably read the docs on each of them, test the ones that
you feel might be useful to you, and go with the one that performs best
in your opinion.

> Anyone have tested one of these? Or may have a better plug in??

I've used APAN, and am currently using PerfParse, which I have not yet
seen mentioned in any other replies. These both require MySQL as a back
end (although not necessarily for Nagios, you can still use Nagios with
flat-file configs).
I found APAN difficult to implement, as new plugin checks had to be
defined. However, once implemented it seemed to work OK.
PerfParse uses the Performance Data returned by the Nagios Plugins, so
there is very little additional configuration needed within Nagios.
Check it out at http://perfparse.sf.net/.

> Thanks alot!
yw

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)