check_procs not detecting process

Vincent Aniello Vincent.Aniello at PipelineTrading.com
Fri Aug 27 15:15:27 CEST 2004

I am having a problem with check_procs not detecting a process that is
running.  When I run check_procs it detects '0' processes running, but
when I perform a ps for the process I see it running.  See below for the
output from the commands.

[root at rtblks01 etc]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -C blkstd
OK - 0 processes running with command name blkstd

[root at rtblks01 etc]# ps -ef|grep blkstd
exa       5082     1  0 Aug25 ?        00:00:18 blkstd

The check_procs version is:
check_procs (nagios-plugins 1.3.1) 1.9.2.1

I am running Redhat Enterprise 2.1.

Has any one seen this before?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

V/