apan snmp plugin problem

Tim Stoddard testoddard at ualr.edu
Thu Aug 26 16:20:06 CEST 2004

I got the same problem when I installed APAN on Nagios.  I ended up
hacking the snmp.sh that come with APAN.  One of the shell variables was
not getting set correctly, so I ended up creating a work around.  The
$NF variable in the following line needs to 4, however I cannot find
where it gets set.  This $VALUE is the output line that APAN has to
parse.   The fourth value is the actual  snmp  value APAN is looking for.

                COUNTER=`echo $VALUE|awk '{print $NF}'`

I added the following and APAN began to work like champ.

#It would seem the $NF variable is not getting set
NF=4
#echo "$NF"
                STATUS=$?
                COUNTER=`echo $VALUE|awk '{print $NF}'`

My shell scripting is not great.  I am sure someone else could pretty
this up.  Hope this helps.

--

Timothy Stoddard