negate plugin problems

Luca Corti cortez at tiscalinet.it
Thu Aug 26 10:00:12 CEST 2004

 On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 19:09 +0200, Luca Corti wrote:
 > define command {
 >     command_name    check-host-alive
 >     command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 3000.0,80% -c
 > 5000.0,100% -p 1"
 > }
 >
 >That won"t work - one double-quote at the end of a line will cause the
 >command to hang.

Sorry, that was a typo. And it actually works correctly.

 > define command {
 >     command_name    check-host-not-alive
 >     command_line    $USER1$/negate "$USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$
 > -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1"
 > }
 >
 > I then set up templates for the hosts and the ping service to use check-
 > host-not-alive as their check_command.
 >
 > The problem is Nagios still reports the hosts as down. But I tried the
 > check command from the commandline and it seems to return different
 > values.
 >
 >What is the output via Nagios? (what"s in the far right table column in
 >the cgi display?)

You mean this?

CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

It seems it has timeout problems.

 > # check_ping -H 127.0.0.1 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
 > PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.10 ms
 > # echo $?
 > 0
 > # negate "check_ping -H 127.0.0.1 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1"
 > PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.20 ms
 > # echo $?
 > 2
 >
 >Those both look like you"d expect, right?

I don't know which are expected to be the returned values, but I assume that is right.

Luca

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose the contents to any other person, do not use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.