Not getting email alerts

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Wed Aug 25 06:00:57 CEST 2004

> --On Thursday, August 05, 2004 1:35 PM -0400 Sudheer Muddappa
> <sudheer at tgs-solutions.com> wrote:
>
> >As I mentioned before,
> >I am receiving emails for other services, like disk checks cpu
> >utilization etc.
> >But host goes down , I dont get any emails at all.
> >
> >And the email id is fine. As everything is happening on the same server.

Check your host definitions and make sure that you have a host contact
defined, and make sure that your host notification command actually works.

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:12:54AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Many people have an issue with Nagios and host down alerts.  No one seems
> to have an answer for it, and I think the answer right now is "wait for the
> next version of Nagios", since there doesn't seem to be any developer
> looking into the issue for the current version.

This is absolutely untrue.  What is true is that many many people have
nagios working just fine for them, and are too busy with their paid jobs
to help people learn how to configure the system to meet their needs.  You
must read for yourself.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek