HOST DOWN notification not getting resent

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Wed Aug 25 01:43:49 CEST 2004

> Excuse me Joe, but yes, other people are having this problem.  Maybe you
> ignore their emails too.  If I was the only person having this problem, I
> would figure it has to be me.  However, I am not the only one having this
> problem.

We didn't ignore them.  We asked you to read the documentation, to which
you refused and posted configurations to us for us to solve.

If you want me to solve the problem for you, then kindly provide a PO for
2-4 hours billable.  I'll only invoice for the actual time spent ;-)

> And you know, I use a variety of free software.  I offer help & support on
> a variety of lists of free software.  However, the quality of help and
> support I've seen on this list is quite low compared to other places.  My
> real hope is that Nagios 2.x is much better at these type of things.

Same people that are 'ignoring' you now ;-)

> Since you think that posting the complete configuration for the host, its
> service, its contact group, and its templates was not sufficient
> documentation of the configuration files, please tell what you do think is
> relevant.

We told you what to check.  You outright told us that it couldn't be
that (although I can guarantee you that it is) and demanded that we read
and debug your configuration.  Which we are ignoring, for all the obvious
reasons.

It's not our job to check those things unless you're paying us to.

Now either go back and read what half a dozen of us have already told you
previously, or provide a PO# for someone to solve your problem for you.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek