problem with /nagios/ access

santosh lamkhade santro at linuxmail.org
Sun Aug 22 08:12:21 CEST 2004

Hi ,

Thanks in advance.

I followed all the steps in nagios installation & configuraqtion including
configuring web interface.
I have created X  user with password Y .
when I give URL http://mymachinename/nagios/
it is asking for username & password.
though I am giving correct values it is asking same screen again & again.
when I click cancel it gives following error:

Authentication required!

    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL "/nagios/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

    In case you are allowed to request the document, please check your user-id and password and try again.

    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster

Error 401

can anyone help me where I went wrong.

Thanks.

Santro