AW: Monitoring Windows Event Log from Nagios

Greg King wgking at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 22 07:54:59 CEST 2004

Hi list,

Environment: RH9, Nagios 1.2 from DAG RPMs.

I have installed the windows event monitor of Naplax and it works fine from the command line as either the Nagios user or root, but when I try it as a Nagios service, I get service critical with "no output!". I have added the "-w" option to the perl command line and cleaned up some minor warning messages, but it still refuses to work inside Nagios, but runs fine on the command line.  I suspect this is the embedded perl working differently from "normal" perl.

Is there a way to "turn off" embedded perl without recompiling Nagios?
How would one go about debugging the embedded perl?

Regards,
Greg King
-----------------------
From: Schaffranneck, Sven (K-DOI-5/4) <sven at vo...>
 AW: Monitoring Windows Event Log from Nagios
2004-05-11 23:27
 Hi Steve,

 > Does anyone out there have a method to monitor the Windows
 > Event log using
 > Nagios?

 have a look at http://naplax.sourceforge.net/check_win_eventlog.html for
 NAPLAX and it"s Windows Eventlog Addon.

 Poorly it doesn"t support the embedded Perl Nagios and the author doesn"t
 know how to change the perl-script to work with ePN. Maybe anyone else want
 this!? :-)

 Greets Sven