Problem with false status

lmcilwain lmcilwain at opnet.com
Fri Aug 20 19:20:42 CEST 2004

Alright,

Here is what I have changed if I read correctly:

1. In my hosts.cfg file I have the following entry (in bold is what was
changed):

# 'jello' host definition
define host{
         use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use
         host_name               jelloxx
         alias                   jelloxx
         address                 172.16.1.x
         check_command           check_host_alive
         max_check_attempts      10
         notification_interval   30
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    d,u,r

2. In my checkcommands.cfg I have the following entries.  Entry number
one was change back to it's original and entry number 2 was added.
These are both generic so if I decide to add more machines I will most
likely be ok.

# 'check-host-alive' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check-host-alive
         command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
         }

# 'check_ping' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_ping
         command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 5

3.  I installed fping from sunfreeware.com using pkgadd -d so that is
now installed on my machine.

Is there anything else that you can think of that I may need before I
restart nagios?

Thanks,