Problem with false status

lmcilwain lmcilwain at opnet.com
Fri Aug 20 16:23:10 CEST 2004

Sorry I didn't see this e mail before.  Here is what you wanted to see.

It is only one machine that I need to monitor.

Here is what my hosts.cfg file looks like.

# 'jello' host definition
define host{
         use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

         host_name               jello2
         alias                   jello2
         address                 172.16.1.x
         check_command           check_ping
         max_check_attempts      10
         notification_interval   30
         notification_period     24x7
         notification_options    d,u,r

Here is my services.cfg file for that same machine:

# Service definition
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

         host_name                       jello2
         service_description             check_ping
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    24x7
         max_check_attempts              3
         normal_check_interval           3
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  opnet-admins
         notification_interval           30
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            w,u,c,r
         check_command                   check_ping