Customizing Side Menu Page

Chet Luther chet at crashed.net
Thu Aug 19 23:35:42 CEST 2004

> I'm just a retard, don't mind me.
>
> I have to save, you're my savior. This is by far the most useful (and
> visible) mod/add-on I've seen for Nagios. Now I don't have to see it all
> at once, it actually looks manageable! Thanks!
>
> The only problem I seem to be having is that the "Authorized for all
> hosts" users aren't seeing everything unless they're explicitly
> specified. Is there a way to wildcard the sidegroups for a particular
> user?
>
> Rob Nelson

All of the users must be explicitely specified.  However, if the user is
setup to be authorized_for_all_(hosts|services) in your cgi.cfg file, they
will see all domains/hostgroups.

One thing that I forgot to mention in the README (which has now been
updated) is that you need to allow you webserver user read/write access to
Nagios' cgi.cfg file so that it can properly add/remove people from the
authorized_for_all configuration variables.

I also forgot to include the search.pl script in the original package.  It
has now been included, and added to the README file.

If there is interest, I could hook the script up the Nagios configuration
files so you don't need to configure your domains/hostgroups/users again in
the side.pl file.  I personally hadn't done this because my installation is
reasonably static.

Chet Luther
chet at crashed.net