Problem with check_ping

Networks networks at wi.rr.com
Thu Aug 19 16:37:01 CEST 2004

Hey guys ~
I recently ran into this issue myself, unable to find a solution I
downloaded the newest version of nagios_plugins (4.0) and compiled it.
The new check_ping worked fine, my problem was caused by updating my box
and then copying over the nagios install without recompiling (moved from
rh 8 to rh es3) anyhow I also had issues with the NEWER version of
check_tcp so I rolled that one back to my older nagios_plugin  version
and it worked also.

Hope this helps. I'd like to know why this happens as well tho.. I just
didnt have time to research it.

Josh

As a note: I notcied some of my plugins didn't work since nagios seems
to capture stdout but not stderror, buy redirecting output with 2>&1 it
was resolved, my guess is your ping binary may be sending output to
stderror, just a guess.