Different contact groups for the same host group

davidj at impol.net davidj at impol.net
Thu Aug 19 10:08:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

I apologise if this has been asked before, however after searching the
mailing list reading the docs, I have found nothing.

hostgroup example:

# 'linux-servers' host group definition
define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  linux-servers
        alias           Linux Servers
        contact_groups  Piet,Reno,Jacquesb
        members         Firewall1,Firewall2
        }

Now the above is fine, however I need to add another Linux box with
different contacts... now the only way I can see to do that
is to create another hostgroup, which I do not really want to do as I
would like all Linux servers to be under the Linux Servers hostgroup...

Any help appreciated :)

Kind regards,

David Jacobson
Network Security Administrator