Customizing Side Menu Page

joost at informatiefabriek.nl joost at informatiefabriek.nl
Wed Aug 18 10:39:57 CEST 2004

I also tried to install this plugin. installation seems to be very simple:

1  Unpack the tarfile in a temp-directory
2  Copy grouplist.cgi to Nagios cgi-bin directory (Usually
/usr/local/nagios/sbin)
3  Check that the web-server have permissions to run the script
4  Verify the path to your Nagios-installation at the beginning of the
script
5  Make backups of index.html in Nagios html-directory
(/usr/local/nagios/share)
6  Copy side1.html, side2.html and index.html to the html-directory
7  Reload Nagios in your web-browser
8  Done

I also edit nagios.conf:
cfg_file=/etc/nagios/grouplist.cgi

But I get an error when I restart nagios.
Error: Unexpected token or statement in file '/etc/nagios/grouplist.cgi'
on line 5.

line 5 contains the follow:
1:      #!/bin/sh
2:      #Change this if you have installed NAgios in a non-standard
location
3:      #
4:      NAGIOSDIR=/etc/nagios
5:      #
6:      #Dont change below

Anyone have an idea what I do wrong?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Joost Saanen

"Cook, Garry" <GWCOOK at mactec.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
18-08-2004 04:11

"Naman Latif" <naman.latif at inamed.com>,
<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
RE: [Nagios-users] Customizing Side Menu Page

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi All,
> I remember there was a posting some time back regarding "customizing
> side menus"(i.e. side.html). I can't seem to find it in the archives.
>
> E.g. Clicking on "Status Overview" will open a "Sub-menu List" with
> different "Host Groups" listed etc, which makes it easier to browse.
>
> Can someone help\guide me in that direction ?
>
> Thanks \\ Naman

I think this is found on the APAN web site -
http://apan.sourceforge.net/. Check the downloads section.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)

reporting any issue.