RHEL3 and DAG rpms- Follow-up

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Aug 17 21:58:15 CEST 2004

----Original Message----
From: Kreig DuBose [mailto:kdubose at mystrotv.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:05 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] RHEL3 and DAG rpms- Follow-up

> What's leading me to my suspicion is the fact that running the
> individual plugins as both root and nagios return valid responses.
> However, in the web interface it consistently reports:
>
> No output returned from plugin     or
>
> No output
>
> I'm also getting an error:

Well, we'll need to see the config snippets mentioned in my original
email. Also, the value of the $USER1$ macro in resource.cfg if it's
referenced in the command definitions. Make sure that value points to
the location of your plugins while you're there. The 'No output' means
that nagios did not receive any output from the file handle used to
communcate with the plugin being executed. What version of Nagios and
the plugins are you using? I'm not familiar with the DAG rpms.

> Could not stat() command file '/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd'
> When 1) Nagios is running, 2) is it set to check for external
> commands, and the file is there:
>
> nagios at beaker libexec]$ ll /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd
> prwxrwxrwx    1 nagios   nagios          0 Aug 17 11:03
> /var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd

How about permissions on all the directories above nagios.cmd? One of
them is likely set too restrictively.

--
Marc