Host Escalation Problems

CWaters at jeld-wen.com CWaters at jeld-wen.com
Tue Aug 17 03:23:46 CEST 2004

I am having a problem trying to get host notifications sent to my ticketing
system only on the first notification and to my admins group for all
notifications.   I have read the documentation and it says that overlapping
notificaions should work.  Here are the appropriate portions of my config
files.  I hope I am missing something obvious because I have tried several
iterations of the hostgroupescalations with mixed results.  In this
configuration, everyone gets the first notfication and none after that.
Other configs I have tried have sent notifications continuously to admins
but not to the ticketing group at all.  I am sure there were other results
but too many to list.

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name          myhosts,myotherhosts
        first_notification      1
        last_notification       1
        notification_interval   15
        contact_groups          ticketing
        }

define hostgroupescalation{
        hostgroup_name          myhosts,myotherhosts
        first_notification      1
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   15
        contact_groups          admins
        }

define host {
    use    generic-host
    host_name   networkdev
    alias    networkdev
    address       172.16.11.229
    parents     r_kla
    check_command    check-host-alive
    max_check_attempts    3
    notification_interval    15
    notification_period    24x7
    notification_options    d,u,r
}

define service {
    use    generic-service
    host_name    localhost,r_kla,r_internet,networkdev
    service_description    Alive
    contact_groups    admins
    check_period    24x7
    notification_interval    15
    notification_options    u,c,r
    notification_period    24x7
    check_command    check-host-alive
    max_check_attempts    3
    normal_check_interval    5
    retry_check_interval    1
}

define hostgroup {
    hostgroup_name    myhosts
    alias    myhosts
    contact_groups    admins
    members    r_kla,networkdev,r_internet
}

Thanks, I hope someone can set me striaght.

Chris Waters