Benny - Biggest Problem ....

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Tue Aug 17 02:19:26 CEST 2004

> I will be developing my personal Nagios documentation
> along the same model mentioned above: "this is how
> nagios is architected" "this is where all of its files
> live, and how they operate" "this is all the
> requirements for a host, service or server" and last
> "this is how you add a specific host or service"
>
> Now, there will be a certain level of expectation for
> shared nomenclature, such as you know how to login,
> ssh, ping etc.... but also there will be the ability
> for a person, given minimal coaching to be able to
> accomplish base tasks associated with ensuring that
> nagios can monitor hosts on a network.

Hi Sam,

   Very well said.

   Now that I know more about what you're looking for, I'd agree that
nothing of that level exists (that I'm aware of, anyway).  However, as
you are doing, something of that level would probably have to be built
in-house due to customizations, etc.  A "generic" template would probably
be helpful for people that do require that level of documentation, if
for no other reason but to jumpstart their own work.

   I will be very interested to take a look at your end result, if you
still intend to release it when it's finished.

Benny

--
"Horrible pain!  I made sounds like a dolphin giving birth."
                                                  -- Mr. Corman, "Scrubs"