FCAPS compliance

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Mon Aug 16 18:33:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

My organization is in the midst of a discussion over opennms / nagios
and how well do they comply with the FCAPS model of network management.
I am as usual rooting for nagios but still need to understand how people
are doing the following with nagios?

discovery (snmp, jmx others?? preferably something automated)
configuration (cfengine suits best here, any other suggestions are welcome)
performance (nagios does it natively and perfparse / others seem to
working towards it)
accounting

What makes nagios really impressive is the fault management (and
correction to a certain extent) and distributed monitoring capabilities.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Dhawal Doshy