[PMX:#] Check_http via proxy?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Aug 16 06:45:13 CEST 2004

see

Check_host_alive doesn't have to be an ICMP ping. That's just a good
all-around default.

> the IP, the Nagios server needs to understand about our proxy server
> see the remote servers.  Is there some way we can configure check_http
> use a proxy?

Yes, check_http --help. By example --

define command{
        command_name    check_by_proxy
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H my.destination.host -I
$HOSTADDRESS$ --onredirect follow -p 8080 -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -u
http://my.destination.host/url -R \/HTML
        }

$HOSTADDRESS$ would be the address of your proxy. My.destination.host is
the host you're wanting to check (as it would be passed in an HTTP HOST:
header). Of course, either one of those values could be variable
depending on how you set up your command and service definitions.

[20+ lines of .sig removed]

--
Marc