Imdaemon

Vicente Ferrando vince at ctv.es
Sun Aug 15 23:31:00 CEST 2004

	Good night list,

	I'm trying to use Sebastian Lagemann plugin(imdaemon) to send
notifications via ICQ. I've instaled vICQ.pm as said on Sebastians
created the "notify-by-icq" command as in the example and added the new
command in the contacts file. But no notification is send and I don't
know where to find imdaemon logs.

	I've modified the imdaemon config file like this:

# imdaemon example configuration
# edit this configuration to your custom settings...

[global]

driver                          =       icq
#user                           =       dummy.tld
user                            =       nagios
message_file                    =       /tmp/incomings.msg

[icq]

#user                           =       <UIN>
user                            =       <A new registered ICQ numbre to
send notifications>
#pass                           =       <PASSWORD>
pass                            =       <the password for this user>

#[dummy.tld]
[nagios]

icq                             =       <the ICQ# where I want to
receive the notifications>
permissions                     =       reload loadavg exit

[snmp]

	Started the imdaemon without any parameter. And notifications are only
send by mail.

	Anyone is using this plugin with success?

	Kind regards.