Unknow MySQL database

Alex Curvers alex at gameserverhost.nl
Sun Aug 15 12:22:56 CEST 2004

Hi

I could use some help, I installed the nagios-mysql package on my debian
system. I read the README.mysql and did what it said.  (creating database
setting permissions and uncommenting setting the lines that define the mysql
DB etc in resource.cfg and cgi.cfg.)

I veriefied MySQL was running and restarted nagios (nagios -d
/etc/nagios/nagios.cfg), but I get these errors in the log.

Seems

:

[1092563015] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host '' using
username '' and password ''.  Retention data will not be processed or saved!

[1092563015] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host '' using
username '' and password '' for comment data!

[1092563015] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host '' using
username '' and password '' for downtime data!

[1092563020] Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ''

Seems still the database definition is not known to nagios. Im at a loss
here could anyone help me futher ?

Regards

Alex Curvers