Nagios to lazy to check?

Sand Philipp Philipp.Sand at sycor.de
Fri Aug 13 09:07:29 CEST 2004

Hi guys!

I'm using the Nagios 2.0a CVS release running on Fedora Core 2. The currently runs at an avarage load of 0,1 (2 Processor 1,4GHz, 2GB RAM, Ultra SCSI Harddrives)
To get my performance Data into a MySQL 4 DB I'm using perfparse in daemon mode. Currently I run about 280hosts and about 1200service checks.

My Problem is, that Nagios won't check the most of the Services. When I look at the Scheduling Queue, and try to find out when the next check will be, everything looks proper (all checks within about 1hour). But when I look at the times, the last check had been, the most checks are older than 1 day, even when they are regularly checked every 5Minutes! Some checks even haven't been performed because I added them 1-2days ago. The Next Scheduled Check is in about half an hour, but this time is always raising...as if nagios is to lazy and simply schedules the tasks more and more into the future just to don't do the check...
I already did a nagios -s it said everything looks fine. The Service inter-check delay method is SMART Average service check interval is 9327.91sec !!! Thats about 150minutes, event though most of my checks are in about 5minutes regularly.
I already checked if there is a second nagios accidently running...
What can I do?

here's the complete output of nagios -s

HOST SCHEDULING INFORMATION
---------------------------
Total hosts:                     276
Total scheduled hosts:           0
Host inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average host check interval:     0.00 sec
Host inter-check delay:          0.00 sec
Max host check spread:           30 min
First scheduled check:           N/A
Last scheduled check:            N/A

SERVICE SCHEDULING INFORMATION
-------------------------------
Total services:                     1180
Total scheduled services:           1180
Service inter-check delay method:   SMART
Average service check interval:     9327.81 sec
Inter-check delay:                  1.53 sec
Interleave factor method:           SMART
Average services per host:          4.28
Service interleave factor:          5
Max service check spread:           30 min
First scheduled check:              Fri Aug 13 09:02:11 2004
Last scheduled check:               Fri Aug 13 09:32:09 2004

CHECK PROCESSING INFORMATION
----------------------------
Service check reaper interval:      10 sec
Max concurrent service checks:      Unlimited

PERFORMANCE SUGGESTIONS
-----------------------
I have no suggestions - things look okay.

Thanks in advance!
Philipp

_____________________________

Philipp Sand
OC-CC-TEC-SYS

SYCOR GmbH
Heinrich-von-Stephan-Straße 1-5
D - 37073 Göttingen

Telefon	+49 (0) 551 / 490 - 0
Telefax	+49 (0) 551 / 490 - 232468

philipp.sand at sycor.de
www.sycor.de

sycor plastics - die neue Branchenlösung für die Kunststoffindustrie

www.sycor-plastics.de

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich und kann darüber hinaus persönliche Informationen beinhalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sind, löschen Sie bitte die E-Mail und deren Anhänge sofort und benachrichtigen Sie uns darüber. Die Firma sycor willigt in keine Verträge oder vertragliche Verpflichtungen ein oder übermittelt rechtsverbindliche Angebote, die in Form von E-Mail versandt werden, sofern dies nicht ausdrücklich in schriftlicher Form zwischen den Parteien vereinbart wurde.

This e-mail is confidential and may contain personal and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please delete this e-mail and all attachments immediately and inform us. The company sycor does not agree with contracts or contract obligations sent by e-mail, neither do we transmit legally binding offers by e-mail, unless this is not expressly agreed upon between the parties and documented in written form.