check_nt + NSClient + Check disk not working for ONE volume

Mark D. Nagel mnagel at willingminds.com
Fri Aug 13 01:12:33 CEST 2004

Jan Johansson wrote:

>I can monitor any disk.. as long as it doesn't have the drive letter V :)
>
>I'm using the latest NSClient
>
> hooch:~# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H ndc2-w2k-1 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l x -w 20 -c 10
>x:\ - total: 186.29 Gb - used: 42.15 Gb (23%) - free 144.14 Gb (77%)
>
>hooch:~# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H ndc2-w2k-1 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l v -w 20 -c 10
>Free disk space : Invalid drive

This one bit me a while back.  Took so long to track it down, I was sure
to document in our internal knowledge base.  Try this:

Sometimes, check_nt will return "Invalid Drive" when attempting to check
disk space. If this happens, check the Security tab in the drive
properties and make sure that SYSTEM is included in the list, at least
for read access.

      Mark

--
Mark D. Nagel, CCIE #3177 <mnagel at willingminds.com>