NSClient and Echange Servewr

Jan Johansson jan.johansson at se.nyklogistics.com
Fri Aug 13 01:06:47 CEST 2004

I found a post saying that Exchange servers "hog all ports"?

I have tried a plethora of ports and nothing seem to work, I just get
"connection refused". But it appears to be NSClient that listens to that
port (since if I stop the service, whatever port I have put it on (e.g.
1248, 1996, 19916, 42145) no longer appears in "netstat -a". Server is a
Windows Small Business Server 2000 running Exchange and SQL 2000.

Any hints here?

Eventlog is normal

Event Type:	Information
Event Source:	NSClient