external auth

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Aug 12 19:12:19 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 03:37, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> Has anyone brought up the possibility of obtaining user/group info externally?

This already works for users, but not groups.  At Duke we have something
called webauth.  Its an apache module that logs you in using your campus
account, then sets the appropriate variables in apache.  I configured
apache to use this for nagios, then configured nagios's cgi configs
using people's campus account names, and it just worked.  Unfortunately,
this doesn't answer your group question.