Dependencies not working

Leonardo Henrique Machado leoh at dcc.ufmg.br
Wed Aug 11 23:20:39 CEST 2004

Martin,

thank you for trying to help.

Look what happens.

I have the following dependency:

define servicedependency{
   host_name                        firewall
   service_description              PING_firewall
   dependent_host_name              firewall
   dependent_service_description    Load on Firewall
   execution_failure_criteria       w,u,c
   notification_failure_criteria    w,u,c
}

When I start Nagios, it checks first for the Load. By then there
is no information about the PING service on it. No information means that
it is not w,u nor c. Conclusion: if PING does not answers, Nagios says
that the load is critical (plugin not responding). How can I force nagios
to check PING first so that Load would never be checked if PING is down.

I face this problem with almost all of my services. Nagios sorts the
scheduled check queue without paying attention to the dependencies.

A good solution would be to put a execution_failure_criteria "p" meaning
PENDING. Then Load would never be checked if PING is pending.

What else?

thnx.

--
Leonardo Henrique Machado