cgis not finding mysql status data

Ian ten Cate ICate at compugen.com
Wed Aug 11 06:18:22 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I have a curious problem with nagios at the moment.  I've compiled from
source in order to get the mysql support, and there are no errors during the
compile (although I don't have the full gd support yet).

Here's my configure parameters:

./configure -prefix=/usr/local/nagios -with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
-with-mysql-include=/usr/include/mysql -with-gd-lib=/usr/lib
==with-gd-inc=/usr/include -with-mysql-comments -with-mysql-extinfo
-with-mysql-retention -with-mysql-downtime -with-template-objects
-with-mysql-xdata -with-mysql-status -with-perlcache -with-nagios-user=root
-with-nagios-grp=root

The insertion of status data, etc. is occurring correctly.
I don't get any errors in nagios.log regarding the db credentials when I
start nagios.

However, the cgis all report

	Error: Could not read host and service status information!

I've compiled with DEBUG5 and also logged the queries in mysql, and I can
see that the status, notification, etc. cgis aren't even making a connection
to the database server.

As near as I can tell, the cgis are still looking for text-based status
information - have I missed a configure parameter somewhere?

Ian ten Cate
icate at compugen.com