check_by_citrix through nat'ed firewall

David Knutson dknutson at sydran.com
Tue Aug 10 22:05:32 CEST 2004

I have 2 nagios servers, one inside my firewall and the other outside.
Our firewall uses NAT.  When I use the command on the inside server, it
works just fine!  On the outside server it doesn't work.  On the outside
server I do the following (fake IP's)

The command:  ./check_citrix -C 10.1.1.1 -W Access

responds with:  Failed No response to application query datagram from
192.168.1.1

The ip address in the response is the internal address of my server!  I
ran a debug and the check successfully connects to the master browser,
but the master returns the internal address for the server to contact,
so the next step - getting the app list - fails because it is using an
invalid IP.

Is there a solution to this, or am I limited to using this test only
internal?