Performance Data

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Tue Aug 10 21:30:57 CEST 2004

Sure, PerfParse can handle perfdata returned by any plugin, provided
that it is returned properly as outlined here:
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN185
However, some of the plugins do not yet return performance data.

Any plugin that returns perfdata will have a pipe ' | ' followed by the
new perfdata after the normal output. You need plugins v1.4.0 alpha to
get any perfdata at all. To get the maximum number of perfdata
supporting plugins you should get them from CVS.

check_by_ssh I'm not sure about, you'd have to test this and see.
check_nt (nsclient) does not currently return performance data, although
I'm working on fixing that today. Wish me luck.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)