CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake. on Solaris

Eduardo Martinez emartine at bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 10 21:27:56 CEST 2004

I have a client, Solaris 8 box, runnning nrpe and check_nrpe version 2.
My Server is an RHAS 3 box running NRPE version and check_nrpe version2.
I have checked the permissions for the configurations files and made
sure they were owned by nagios.
Both machines are running with ssl support greater than 0.9.6.
My solaris box is running nrpe under inetd without tcpwrappers.
Nrpe is listening on the solaris box but I can't get my servers to check it.
I can do remote checks but not local checks.

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.
/usr/local/check_nrpe -H <solarisboxmachine> -p 5666 -c check_swap 20 50
My windows machines are running fine using nsclient and my other linux
boxes are working great using nrpe2.
Anyone run into this problem with solaris?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Eduardo Martinez