Dependencies not working

Leonardo Henrique Machado leoh at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Aug 10 18:56:33 CEST 2004

Sirs,

I have the following tree o dependency:

NagiosServer -> Gateway -> Disk-Server -> Client

I need to construct the following dependencies:

2 - if Gateway is down, STOP checking everything on Clients and
    Disk-Servers
3 - if Disk-server is down, STOP checking everything on
    clients.

But when I start Nagios it schedules all the checks in a way that some
Clients get checked, BEFORE Disk-Server and Gateway. How can I force
Nagios to check DiskServer and Gateway first? Have I misconfigured
something?

I think that dependency needs some info to match the failure_criteria.
So, when I start Nagios everything is PENDING and dependency is ignored.
Is that why some clients get checked?

--
Leonardo Henrique Machado
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais