Not getting email alerts

Youngblood, Gregory (SAIC) gyoungblood at saicmail.jsc.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 6 00:09:35 CEST 2004

He just told you that hosts and services have _different_ settings. You
included that in the quoted portion of your message just now. Just because
your getting service notifications does not mean you have host notifications
setup.

Might I suggest you go through the configuration and set your host
notification options to something similar to your services notification
settings -- perhaps if one works, then the other will too. Once you get them
working that way, then you can customize them to your needs.

The instructions in http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html>  and
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/notifications.html
<http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/notifications.html>  as well as the
example config files included in the nagios package provide just about
everything you need to make this work.

I suggest you check the following:
hosts.cfg -> notification_[interval|period|options] and
notifications_enabled
misccommands.cfg -> an entry for host-notify-by-email [assuming you are
using this file and already have an entry for notify-by-email]
contacts.cfg -> host_notification_[period|options|commands]

Another suggestion - you can add a ping test to the services list for the
host in question. Since your getting your services page, a failed ping test
would tell you that a server is probably offline or experiencing other
problems.