NRPE and Nagios plugins on AIX 5.2

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 5 23:23:04 CEST 2004

Phillip.Wilson at gwinnettcounty.com wrote
>Hello,
>I have multiple AIX 5.2 servers that I would like to run nrpe
>2.0 on and run the 1.40 plugins to check everything from disk
>space (really filesystem utilization), free memory/swap/CPU
>utilization/users/etc.
>
>Has anyone compiled and ran either nrpe 2.0 or 1.40 of the
>plug-ins on AIX 5.2???
>
>I've searched the mailing lists/source forge Nagios pages, but
>nothing was ever posted back indicating that anyone had any success.

We run AIX 5.2 with NRPE here.  I have v2.0b5 compiled with parameter
support but no SSL (I just can't make that work no matter how, even though
the openssl libraries are installed).  This means you need to use -n with
the check_nrpe and set the daemon to us -n as well.

If you need help, I can send you the binary.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **