Not getting email alerts

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 5 23:14:01 CEST 2004

--On Thursday, August 05, 2004 3:33 PM -0500 Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>
wrote:

> I do not believe this to be an accurate statement. Any host notification
> problems are likely configuration issues, not something wrong in the
> code. Such a problem would be widely encountered and it just isn't.

Excuse my french,

But that is BS.

I've noted several times that we get a *single* host down alert, and that
continued alerts that *should* be coming from Nagios do not.  There was an
entire thread on this about a month ago, of another user who had this same
situation.  I've posted our configs, I've posted the log output, and
everything *appears* to be working correctly.  However, it simply never
sends out any alerts past the initial HOST DOWN.  There have been plenty of
complaints about this behavior from others than myself, so I'd call that a
widely encountered issue.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount