Check Intervals?

David Knutson dknutson at sydran.com
Thu Aug 5 19:45:33 CEST 2004

I'm new to Nagios and have a question on how to setup a proper check
interval.  Here is the scenario:  I'm doing an email mail test that
seeds a local account with a test message.  This test message is
forwarded to an external account, which in turn forwards the message
back to the local account.  This round trip can take up to 5 minutes.
The way the plugin works is to send a new serialized message to the
local account, then test for receipt of the previously sent message.

I want to be notified as soon as possible if this test fails.  What
settings should I use for normal_check_interval and
retry_check_interval?