Not getting email alerts

Sudheer Muddappa sudheer at tgs-solutions.com
Thu Aug 5 18:03:26 CEST 2004

All,

I am not receiving any emails from nagios regarding the host being down.

But I do get emails for  ping packet loss and traps.

I have restradted the nagios server itself.

and here are my config files.

service.cfg

define service{
        host_name                       debian
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  server-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

and  hosts.cfg

define host{
        host_name               debian
        alias                   Debian server
        address                 198.180.37.88
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      3
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     24x7
        }