Restart Services on Windows 2000/2003 Servers

Peter Edmonds pedmonds.nagios at boursedata.com.au
Thu Aug 5 07:46:18 CEST 2004

Hi Lars,

I use ssh for the remote access to the Windows machines (keys only
authentication) and PSTools from

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

for restarting services, grabbing process lists etc etc.

Only suckage is that I can't get OpenSSH working on Windows 2003 Server with
key only authentication. I have circumvented this by using the psexec
utility from PSTools to remotely execute the command on a Windows 2000
server (ssh into Win2k box and run

psexec \\Windows2003Server <whatever command>

Peter Edmonds