Management from a Cell phone

Christopher Thuys Christopher.Thuys at bdigital.com.au
Tue Aug 3 03:15:56 CEST 2004

Howdy,
            We use the gnokii software for sending sms alerts via a
serial connected mobile phone. This software also has the ability to
receive sms messages.
We use the receive function to acknowledge host and service alerts. We
do the by replying with the original sms message. a script then looks up
the sending mobile number in the contacts to retrieve the nagios user
and uses that user to acknowledge the alert.
The script is  a bit crude in that it uses wget to post the
acknowledgment through the web interface instead of using the
external command interface. But then that is only because I have yet to
fond out what the external command is.
I know this is not email but it is very simple for acknowlegments.

Chris Thuys.