Host looks down but isn't

Luke A. Kanies luke at madstop.com
Mon Aug 2 03:34:02 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've got a host that nagios thinks is down, but it definitely is not.  I'm
typing this from the host right now, in fact.

I even ran the host alive command got 'OK', and I've also forced checks on
the host (which didn't work initially because my web server could not
write to the file...).  The host _was_ down, but it's been up for more
than a day now, and nagios still has not corrected itself.

Anybody know what the problem might be?

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly