Adding a Custom Field to notifications

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Mon Aug 2 02:24:12 CEST 2004

> Was doing some research into finding how to add a custom field to the
> notifications?  Is there a way to make it also include say a phone
> number for a downed site when paging?

While it's somewhat of a hack, I add information like that to either the
service_description (if it's a service) or the alias (if it's a host).  Ie,
one of my hosts:

alias                    DS1 to UUNET - CKT ID XXXXXX - Call 888-xxx-xxxx

If the service or host alerts, the responsible parties have everything
they need in the page to call in to the provider, as well as the circuit
ID.  Remember to keep it short if possible - some providers don't allow
very many characters in pages.

HTH,

Benny

--
"Horrible pain!  I made sounds like a dolphin giving birth."
                                                  -- Mr. Corman, "Scrubs"