Temperature Sensors

Al Smith al_smyth at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 00:14:06 CEST 2004

I started looking at Nagios when I got some low cost temperature sensing equipment for a large data center. We started with a 'weather goose' from IT Watchdogs http://www.itwatchdogs.com/ (under $400) which gives a basic central point and can report up to 16 add-on sensors (power, temp, temp/airflow). When I put on more that 16, snmp get checks from Nagios took care of the details that the goos could not handle. I even put together some hiostory for these items and mapped room overlays with the data to show color coded hot spots.