How to Stop sending mail notification

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 30 04:06:23 CEST 2004

Sherwin T <mailto:sherwin_tors at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Could you help on how to stop sending mail notification for a single
> hostname. I already remove that hostname in escalations.cfg,
> hostgroups.cfg, hosts.cfg and services.cfg but still keeps on sending
> notification.
>
> Your reply is highly appreciated and thanks to advance.

If you've restarted nagios and you are still getting notifications
(assuming you removed every instance of that host in the configs) you
probably have multiple nagios processes running in tandem. Stop nagios
then verify with ps that all nagios process have been stopped. If there
are any remaining, kill them then restart nagios.

--
Marc